My lawn has heat-stress damage. What do I do now?
Request a free no obligation quote today!
What do I do with my heat-stress lawn in Perth?
A heatwave is a big test for your lawn and will show up any areas that need just a bit more attention. Take advantage of what your lawn is telling you and address the problem/s to achieve the beautiful, healthy and economical lawn you deserve.
If your lawn suffered heat stress damage and you have checked ✅adequate and consistent water was applied with catch-cups ✅wetting agent has been applied and working and ✅compaction and ✅thatch are not the issue then it is most likely your lawn does not have a sufficient root system to survive on the recommended watering recommendations in its current condition and location.
Radiant heat from adjacent roads and reflective heat from white fences are often problem areas and a little more attention in these situations may be required to get their roots down.
We recommend having dig and checking your root growth in heat-effected areas and addressing the issue now. You may even find buried rubble, rocks or a similar root-restricting and root-cooking issue/s. Remove undesirable material if you do.
- Give these areas an additional deep soak when high temperatures are expected.
- If you have a layer of dead leaf now, this leaf can become hydrophobic itself. Apply some wetting agent to help the water ‘slip through’ that dead layer.
- Feed with Eco red and raise your mowing height to stimulate root growth.
- Some Eco Vital or Seasol will help both root growth and help your lawn cope with the recent stress.
- A light top dress with a Gingin Loam and aged chicken manure mix will also help recovery and breakdown the dead leaf layer.
- Also take note of these problem areas and in the cooler weather give them a good deep aeration with a pitchfork.
Need more information or advice? Call us on (08) 9453 6222.
We are passionate about growing turf
We’re the only turf farm in Perth, WA that takes the care to refrigerate your order. Our refrigerated storage also allows us to store additional turf for customer convenience. This way the turf stays at a perfect temperature keeping it lush and green, ready to take root in its new home. All ordered turf is still cut fresh to order and delivered within 24 hours.
Why Choose Us
Why WA homes and businesses choose our products and services
Here’s what our customers say about our products and services.
Lovely people and great at what they do
Excellent customer service. Thanks Guys.
Great fertiliser! Great advice!
Get seasonal watering reminders and specials on maintenance products
Your data is 100% safe and secure with us.